Friday, August 21, 2009

EA Sports Active: Day 1

So as our wedding is approaching it seems I might have to lose some weight because I’m kind of overweight.

I wasn’t overweight when I met Patrick over 2 years ago but our whole first year together had some bad eating choices like late night fast food every week and then last year we went out to eat a lot for various reasons and on top of that we didn’t exercise, I must have lost 5 years of my over all life from these two years.

Though I must admit me and Patrick did realize our downward spiral and tried to work out and eat better about a year ago and that went out the window in a few weeks.

Right after we got engaged we also tried to start working out but that went out the window even faster in about a week.

As our wedding is getting closer I feel like we have to buckle down so I’m really going for it now. I need to lose at least 20 lbs (I gained 30 since we been together, well if you think about it that was about a pound a month) within the year.

I think if I do a pound a week I should be okay. On top of working out with one of my bridesmaid a week and going line dancing (yeah I like doing that so what?). I’m trying to do the EA sports active for the Wii.

My brother bought this for himself and never used it so he gave it to me knowing that I was in the market of losing weight. This is when we first started working out after our engagement so of course I didn’t even touch it. About a week ago Patrick tried it out and I sat on the couch and watched him do it, I know so bad! It didn’t look that hard but eh.

Yesterday I decided to start the 30 day challenge. I mean come on I saw Patrick do it, I can do it easy peasy.

So how it works is you pick an avatar that sort of looks like you, not as cute as a mii but I don’t think that’s the point. Then you pick what level you are, easy, medium or hard. Well I picked medium. Then it shows you what you are going to do, there are about 16 items but some of them are done more than once.

You can click the ones you don’t want to do but hey it’s the first day I have no idea what these are so kept them all. It said that it will be about a 30 minute work out. Cool I have 30 minutes. Then it starts. Usually it shows you a video of what to do and then you do it. On the top left side is the calories you have burned and on the top right side is the time.

There were a lot of things we did, this is not in the order that the worked out happened. Let’s see we did was walking then running, this was pretty easy though I didn’t know how hard it was to run in place, I usually use a treadmill but it worked. Then we did squats which wasn’t too bad. Then we did side lunges which wasn’t too bad either but it’s hard to figure out the form. Oh we did inline skating that was the hardest for some reason I couldn’t get the hang of it.

Then there was boxing and arm lefts and few more things. All in all it was a surprising intense workout. I usually don’t sweat (weird I know) and I was totally sweating at the end of this workout.

The work out is suppose to take only 30 minutes, I actually finished mine in 22 minutes because I ran a little fast for the running part. But it actually took me over an hour to complete the workout because the videos that go along with it doesn’t count as workout time. I was kind of like wow an hour went by… crazy. So hopefully it will take 30 minutes next time since I don’t have to sit through the videos to make sure I’m doing it right the next time around.

I actually kind of liked this because it was fun and the hour flew by like nothing and it felt like I did an intense workout. Well I’m going to try to keep track of this to make me more accountable for actually doing it.

To buy it on Amazon : EA Sports Active

No comments:

Post a Comment