Wednesday, September 2, 2009

What's Cooking? With Jamie Oliver

She said :

We got this game at Fry's last month during that massive let's buy games moment I had. Well I popped this into my DS. I wasn't sure what to expect... I was hoping it would be sort of like cooking mama but different.

Well it seems the first part of it is just a recipe book. Which is cool I guess.

Then there is something called the cooking kitchen which is kind of like cooking mama but way more difficult to figure out and play.

Actually what comes to play here is that I really don't "read" instructions so I kind of think that a game would just be easy to figure out, which is why it was so hard for me to play with the cooking kitchen part of the game because I didn't read all the little things you had to do to make things work. Patrick showed me it later but by then I was already over it.

All in all I wouldn't recommend this game... good thing we got it for 10 bucks because really if I had paid more for it I would be really sad right now.

He said :

I'm not sure I should even call this a game. I THINK it's supposed to be a simulation of cooking, on the Nintendo DS. Melody picked up this "game" because she liked Cooking Mama. I, on the other hand, have never played Cooking Mama, so have no point of reference, but I'm pretty sure it's not like What's Cooking with Jamie Oliver?

I played through the tutorial . . . I think. I'm actually not sure what exactly I did. The setting consists of a virtual kitchen in the DS. The kitchen has several different sites you can visit, like a stove, a refrigerator, a cutting board, and so on. You can take ingredients from the pantry or fridge. You take pots and pans and various utensils from the pantry. You take food items to the cutting board and cut them with a knife using strokes of the stylus. You can stir things in bowls using the stylus. I don't think you can measure exactly . . . but I'm not sure. I think I made a cake. Yeah, it was a cake.

A went to another section of the game and it had recipes that I could read through. Fun!

You know, I watch food network. I actually kinda like cooking. It can be fun. This was not. Don't get it.

Breakdown :

She said : Nay
He said : Nay

If you want this game :

Amazon : What's Cooking? With Jamie Oliver

3 comments:

  1. Eh... I didn't read far before knowing the answer, I didn't.

    Interesting article either way. XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey you can delete this post after you read it, if you want more backlinks just see my latest post, quickgamereview.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cooking Mama is a blast. I'm terrible at playing it, which might mean that it's somewhat indicative of actual cooking talent and coordination. Or maybe it's just an unlucky coincidence.

    ReplyDelete