Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Another DS game! Yup I like me some hand held games. I hope you enjoy our reviews.

She said :

I heard about this game off of someone else's blog and he was really excited about it, but didn't say much about it. So I went on my mad search to find as much info about it as I can. I found out when it was coming and I thought oh man I had to have it!

It's an awesome story with brain teasers tied in. I really love brain teasers, I use to buy brain teaser books from the local hobby shop when I was little.

On the day it came out, Patrick and I went to a few stores only to not find it in a lot of stores. We finally found it in Best Buy for 30 bucks which was a-ok with me, I really wanted it so I was okay not getting it for a steal.

I really really love this game. I love the art, I love the story, I love the voices and I love *most* of the puzzles. I didn't finish all the puzzles but I did manage to beat the game even though I didn't do that. So HA! *This is directed at Patrick who did finish every single puzzle in the game*

I thought it was the perfect length too, it wasn't too short and it wasn't too long, it was just enough for me. Also what was great for a few months you could download a new puzzle every week, they were suppose to have that be for a year but somehow it doesn't work anymore or at least the last time we checked which was a few months ago, so it might work again now. *shrugs*

I would definitely recommend this game and I have, a lot of my friends got this game after I just talked and talked about it.

He said :

Now... I do enjoy a good puzzle or brain teaser, and I do enjoy a good puzzle game. Well, Professor Layton is the ultimate in puzzle games, and I did enjoy it.

In this game, you control Professor Layton and his assistant, Luke, as they travel through the town of Mystere picking up clues in order to solve a mystery. There really is a 'Sherlock Holmes' feel to the story, which was interesting enough to keep me wanting to find out what happens next. However, even if the story was not engaging at all, this game would be worth it just for the puzzles and brain teasers.

In order to solve the mystery, you must travel through the town and solve a myriad of puzzles and brain teasers. What I really liked is the variety. There were several different kinds of brain teasers and puzzles, ranging in difficulty. It never got old and I found myself wanting to always try the next one. I think I played this game pretty much non-stop until I beat it. Oh, and another cool thing they had in this game is downloadable content. For a while, they were publishing a new puzzle every week that you could download for free. Pretty sweet!

The game play itself is fairly minimalistic, though. There is no jumping or running or anything like that. You just move from one scene to the next using the stylus for your DS. But, who cares. The whole draw of this game is the puzzles and it delivers.

Breakdown :

She said : Yea
He said : Yea

If you want this game :

Amazon : Professor Layton and the Curious Village

No comments:

Post a Comment