Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Zack & Wiki Quest for Barbaros’ Treasure

Our first review! How exciting. We decided to do Zack and Wiki Quest for Barbaros' Treasure because this one of the few games we both played and finished together. It's a Wii game.

She said :

So here is the story. I was checking Amazon, and you know how from your search and buy history they kind of know what you like? Well Amazon suggested this game to me and I was looking at the reviews and it got pretty good reviews. I try my best not to buy games impulsively so I didn't get it then. Then me and my guy went to game stop that weekend and low and behold it was on sale for about 16 bucks. I got it there... there goes the not trying to buy impulsively right out window, what can I say for myself nothing really. ^_^

Went home right away to play. The first couple of levels were really really fun, and then it got hard around the 5th level. I seriously had no idea what to do. Patrick (my guy) was like let me try and kind of took over the game, but he got it and it was really fun to watch him figure it out and trying to figure it out myself too. So what happens in this game is you try to move around Zack to do things and he has to do things in a certain order to pass the level, it's like a big puzzle. If you do the right things in the wrong order it will probably mess you up. Which I guess is the fun part.

What I liked about this game is the second controller for the Wii acts like a pointer. We think that it's for parents who are trying to help their kids figure out the puzzles without doing it for them. This sounds dumb but it's actually really useful because when I sort of saw something Patrick didn't see, it was easy to use the second wii remote to point at what I'm talking about and sort of show what I think he should do next.

After it got too hard for me, I didn't think I would like this game anymore but when Patrick took over it was actually really fun to figure out the puzzle levels together. It's definitely a game I would suggest for families and couples and maybe close friends to play together.

He said:

If you are a fan of puzzle and brain teasers then this game will be a good fit for you. Since the game is for Wii it definitely has a more family friendly style to it but it is still a very good engaging game for gamer out there.

In game you control Zack in a point and click adventure style using the Wii-mote. You can walk him through the level, pick up stuff and interact with objects. Based on how you interact with the objects you can solve the puzzle on each level. In some puzzles you actually have more than one way to solve them and you get points based on which way you solve the puzzle. Some of the puzzles have time limits which add another dimension to the game.

Outside of the regular game play there is a mini game that find different collectibles throughout the game, this is definitely for gamers that like to complete lists and collect things. There is also a rhythm game that is sprinkled throughout the game, which is a lot of fun and I liked it a lot, at first it was hard to get it to register what I was doing or thought I was doing but after a while I got it and it was really a lot of fun.

I would recommend this game for gamers that are very logical and like puzzles.

Breakdown:

She said : Yea
He said : Yea

If you want the game:

For some crazy reason it's like 73 dollars on Amazon - Zack & Wiki Quest for Barbaros’ Treasure

You can also get it at
Ebay - 8 bucks.
Barnes and Nobles - 15 bucks.
Game Stop - 20 bucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment