Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Ninjatown

NinjaTown! I have actually never heard of the game till the day I saw and decided to buy it. I have seen the characters around for quite some time and wondered how they were incorperated in this game. It was cute and for a portalable system so I got it. This is a DS game.

She said :

I have a pretty good memory so for almost every game. I might tell the story of why we have it and how much it was when we bought it. I am the one that usually buys games in our relationships, Patrick tells me what he wants and off I go to see if I can find it for a good price, if I can't I usually wait and sometimes it shows up on Amazon's game deal of the day (I seriously check this out everyday). We rarely buy games at full price because we are so backlogged on games we can't justify getting a full price game, but discounted games is another story. *wink*

When Circuit City was going out of business Patrick and I of course went to check it out and they only had a few games and one of them that caught my attention was ninjatown. I have seen that ninja around for quite some time, on blogs and at conventions, and now it has a game. Hm...

Circuit City's going out of business discount wasn't really that good... 20%. But it was a fairly new game and to get it 20% off was a good deal, so we ended paying like 24 bucks for it.

I when I got home I started playing it right away. It was really addicting. It seems it was a tower defense game. I have never played a tower defense game, but it seems to be my kind of game. I like time managagement games and this was exactly that.

I seriously spent all my free time playing this game. I managed to beat it in about 3 weeks.

If I were to offer one tip it would be, when new ninjas get unlocked don't spend all your money on just them, you should have 1 or 2 of them in the new level but just keep buying up cheaper/basic ninjas because that's your bread and butter.

I think if you like hand held games and you like cute ninjas and tower defense type games this might be the game for you. Warning : It's super addicting!

He said :

Ninjatown is a tower defense style game for the DS. This is a genre that I am not too familiar with, and really, I'm still trying to figure out if I like it. At it's core, it's a strategy game. You build ninja houses next to a road. Based on the kind of ninja house you build, you receive ninjas of various strengths and capabilities. As you are doing this, bad guys of various strengths and capabilities advance down the road. Your ninjas attack. When an enemy is defeated, you make money so you can build more ninja houses. Wash, rinse, repeat.

For a game of this type, Ninjatown is unique in that it has a very whimsical style. It's a cute game. I mean, the bad guys are trying to steal the ninja cookie recipe, or something like that. The ninjas themselves are pretty cute to. . . kind of like a little ninja blob. . . thing. It's a very light hearted game, which I thought was pretty cool. It totally does not take itself seriously.

I've only played a few games like this, and so far they have not been able to keep my interest for very long. Although, if you like these types of games, this is one of the better ones.

Breakdown :

She said : Yea!
He said : Nay

If you want this game :

Amazon : Ninjatown

1 comment:

  1. was browsing and i saw this review. i have this game too but never blogged about it! maybe i'll do so in the next week. :D

    ReplyDelete