Saturday, June 20, 2009

Sony is Trying to Stop me From Playing FF7

Final Fantasy 7 is buy-able on the Play Station Network for 9.99. I (Melody) never played it before. My brother played it when we were younger and Patrick played it when he was younger too. I was like really young when it came out and I really only played handhelds like the game boy and game boy color at the time.

I have tried to play, don't get me wrong. I got a PS2 when I was out of college and asked my brother if I could borrow the game, and you need a PS1 memory card to save PS1 games and for some reason I couldn't find a PS1 memory card, I did buy it online and for some reason it got lost in the mail. I gave up. Then when I met Patrick he had it but there were so many other fun games to play between us.

Patrick told me it was coming out on the PS3 as a download. I told him I wanted to play it so he offered to buy it for me, he went on his PS3 to buy it. For some reason his credit card didn't work on the PS3, he tried to enter it about 3 times before he gave up. I have a play station account and I know you can add money online so he tried to do that, still denied! Hm... that's weird.

So I tried my credit card on my play station account. Accepted! It seems when you buy FF7 on the Play Station Network you can play it on the PS3 and the PSP (you can play it on both if you so desire). Sweet! Did I mention I like handhelds? So since my Play Station account is default on my PSP I thought I would just play it there plus that is the way I want to play it.

I have only been playing my UMDs on my PSP and haven't visited the Play Station Network in a while. Guess what? They won't let me go on the Play Station Network until I have updated PSP software! So annoying. So I go and download the update. If you have never had to do this, you need to go to a separate part of the menu and download the update. Then you have to install it after you download it. Guess what? It won't let me install it because my battery power was too low! I thought not big deal I'll just plug it in and try again. Nope didn't work, still won't let me install it because my battery power is too low.

I really wanted to play FF7 so I checked if I could install the update about every 5 minutes. Denied... denied... denied... I was getting pretty annoyed at this point. I tried playing my DS to take my mind off of wanting to play FF7, right now I'm trying to beat puzzle quest (the first one). But nope still wanted FF7, about 40 minutes of charging finally it would let me install the update.

Now I was able to go to the Play Station network and find FF7 to buy and download it. It was easy to find and I clicked buy and .... guess what? I don't have enough memory at all. I have a 1 GB memory card and it's at 1.3 GB download game. ARGH!

Patrick and me watched anime for the rest of the night since no stores where open when I decided to get this game.

So today we are going out to find a bigger memory card... it sort of feels like a conspiracy trying to stop me from playing this game. Hopefully I'll get to start playing it today. Wish me luck! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment