Friday, June 19, 2009

Kamichu

Yay! First anime review. Patrick and I really like anime too, we tend to watch a few episodes a week about one thing or another. We are thinking that for Fridays we might post a blog or we might not and it will be a review that's not a video game. I hope you enjoy our review.

She said :

Me and Patrick have been going to Fanime (it's the bay area anime convention) every year since we have started dating. We usually go for the dealers room. Well this anime had a cute box and it seem pretty interesting so I thought we should get it.

We started watching it after we finished the series we were watching which we finished around the time we picked this up.

I think it's kind of interesting in a boring sort of way. I like it because it has a great innocence to it and kind of made me feel like I was back in middle school or high school.

Patrick watched the first couple of episodes with me, but then he went away the next weekend for a conference and while he was away I started watching it on my own thinking that I would only see a few episodes and Patrick can just catch up later, but watching one episode after another, I ended up having only 3 episodes to go by the time Patrick came back and he sat and watched the last 3 with me.

It's about a middle/high school girl that became a god and is working through figuring out what type of god she is with the help of her friends. She very quite and sweet type of girl that is easily influenced by one of her friends that owns a shrine. She tries her best to help people and sprites while still trying to find her self and figuring out how to confess her feelings to the boy she has a crush on.

I guess it's addicting in the way it sort of sneaks up on you on how many episodes you have seen because nothing really big happens in any one episode, it's almost like you can watch them in any order and you will still be generally okay with what's going on.

I did like this series but I don't think I would watch it again... unless I was super bored and just wanted background noise going on.

There was really no message in this anime that I saw and it was sort of confusing how the main character became a god or why she's a god. Maybe the message is to be happy with who you are and not worry so much about what you "should" do, I don't know I have never been good at figuring out the messages of things, you might have to just watch this for yourself to figure it out. Good luck! ^_^

He said :

Yay, our first anime review. Too bad it's for a show I only saw a few episodes of. I think this is going to be a short review. . .

So, anyway, Melody bought this series and we started watching it just before I had to leave town for the weekend. I saw the first episode and maybe part of the second. As far as I could tell, it was the story of a school girl, who also happens to be a god. There's a guy who will turn out to be a love interest and some friends she hangs out with. It's a real slice-of-life story. . . and did I mention the main character is a god? Oh, it was also really boring.

Anyway, after I get back in town from, I get to watch the last couple episode. I'm thinking that it might have gotten more exciting. I was wrong. In addition to the original cast of characters, there are some weird animal/ghost things. I can't even tell you what they are because I have no idea. The friends are still there and that guy who is the love interest is still there. Oh, it was really boring.

The bottom line is this: I saw the beginning and the end and it did not make me want to watch any more of it.

Breakdown :

She said : Nea
He said : Nea

If you want this anime :

Amazon :
Kamichu Box Set
Kamichu!, Volume 1: Little Deity
Kamichu!, Volume 2: The Power of Love
Kamichu!, Volume 3: Discovery
Kamichu!, Volume 4: Holiday Confessions

No comments:

Post a Comment