Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Rhapsody, A Musical Adventure - bug and fix


This isn't a review... because Patrick hasn't finished the game yet.

I actually finished the game but more on that when we write our review for it.

As Patrick was going through the game, there is this one part where you are in a contest and at the end of the contest (which is at end of the 2 chapter I believe) the game should ask you if you want to save or not, anyways for Patrick when he gets to the end of the contest, it just turns black and he waited a long time and nothing happened…

He restarted the game and played the last part of that sequence again and again it turned black and didn’t do anything. Then he took the game out of the DS and wiped it down thinking it might be dust and tried again… it still turned black. Then he tried playing it on my DSi and it still did it. He gave up for the night.

Well that was a few days ago, and I thought hmmm… I bet this isn’t happening to just us.

So I googled it and it seems you have to do two things
1. L-kun out of your party
2. Do something (like talk to someone or re-filling your stats by looking at a statue)

Then try again. That totally worked for Patrick and now he can move on to finishing the game so we can review it. ^_^

The reason this didn’t happen to me because during this part of the game you lose one of your party members temporary and I didn’t think of replacing that person with L-kun which is the only member you can fill that spot with. I think I was just lazy to rearrange my members, Patrick on the other hand thought oh an empty spot in my party, and I should fill it!

Goes to show that laziness triumphs again. If you haven’t notice I’m a lazy gamer where as Patrick really wants to do everything. For me the main story and maybe a side quest or two is good enough, so I can really blast through games. Patrick needs to get every little things so it will usually take him twice as long if not more to go through a game. Another opposite we have.

Amazon - Rhapsody, A Musical Adventure

No comments:

Post a Comment